Friday, February 26, 2010

Thifty Thursday on a Friday!

I have a confession to make.  I have an addiction.  I am a thrift-o-holic.  I love the thrill of digging in the box on the bottom under the table piled high with jumbled up goodies.  I carry garden gloves with me wherever I go, just in case.  I subscribe to the newspaper just to get the classifieds.  Well, and the coupons. 

This week was a good one.  The Thrift gods must have been smiling at me. 

Check out my finds for the week:




Well, hello there beautiful!



You're gonna look awesome in my craft/sewing/junk/whatever can fit room!
(Hanging up, of course!)



These two little guys are in excellent condition, marked "METLOX 3 F" on the bottom. They're about 3" high.  I lurve the soft green color.



Child's divided plate, from Thermo-Plate Corp

I can't tell how old it is.  It is in fantastic condition.

It has a little screw-top yellow button at the top, that you can remove, and fill the attached stainless steel bottom with warm water, I'm guessing, to keep food warm.  Maybe I'm way off on this... not sure.

But I am sure that it has the cutest graphics!





Awwwww... just look at that!



A vintage HOT PINK check file, complete with monthly tabs inside!  I never write my checks down, but how could I refuse this?  Did mention it's HOT PINK?!



Three ( I wish there were four) old glasses.  I love the yellow and black! 



(Fingers crossed I'm right but I think these are) Five Anchor Hocking Forest Green sandwich plates.  Beautiful!  I collect any old glass in this color.



Five of these cute green bowls, about the size of cereal bowls. 



SUPER AWESOME SAMSONITE!
Holy Smokes, Batman!

A little dirty on the outside, but check out the inside....



Yatzee!  Like new condition, complete with original cardboard mirror protection thingy AND  a key on keychain that says, "Low Cost Boat Financing, CITY LOAN & SAVINGS CO., Offices All Over Ohio"



I heart the interior.  Beautiful spring floral colors.  It makes me smile!



A lovely vintage plastic/rhinestone choker...  Ummm $1.99?  Sure!

This little guy seems a bit shy...





Perhaps he has noticed MY FAVORITE FIND EVER!!!!  Well, EVER THIS YEAR!!!

Here she is...



(sigh)



I found her in the bottom of a basket, mixed in with footless Bratz dolls and Barbies with chopped hair.

She was meant for me.

I hope you enjoyed the results of my little addiction. 

Have a great weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment