Thursday, April 8, 2010

Thrifty Thursday

I went to an estate sale and stopped by my local St Vincent's today.  Those items are still in the trunk of my car.  But I do have some pics of finds from last week.  Here we go....


This soooo reminds me of when I was a little girl.  I loved Holly Hobby and the "Little House on the Praire" series.  This little wooden box purse is in great condition, decoupaged with lots of Holly Hobby images.



I found this little birdie in perfect condition.  She has the faintest hint of a blue underglaze.





More birds, little ceramic ones, in orange and white.



Some old canning jars...



I'll use these for storage in the craft room.  Maybe buttons?

Being a former teacher, I LOVE vintage school items.  Imagine my squeal when I found this for 1.99!



It's an old one. I wonder how many school children heard this ring?

Lastly, I found two matching art deco aluminum bread plates manufactured by Kensington.  I think this is the pineapple pattern, but I was reminded of Scottish thistle which is why I bought them. 





Happy thrifting!

No comments:

Post a Comment