Saturday, May 8, 2010

Desk Revamp

Oh, I visited the Goodwill charity shop a month, or so, ago and found a wonderful old desk.
I thought to myself, "Self, you should purchase this and refinish it for little Munchkin, since she now has homework and such!"  Second grade... pressure!

So I did, and wonderful husband went with me to pick up the desk, and brought it home, where it booted the cars out of the garage while it received its makeover.



Well, actually only one car went into the drive,  Mine stayed inside for a little while longer, just until it was time for the paint to come out! :)  I'm such the girl.



So I used this:


and a little elbow grease...


and some rubber gloves and ballet flats...




 to remove grime and find the beauty underneath.


So after some stripping in the garage (bah hah hahahha)


we came up with this...


Then I primed and painted...




Rustoleum, Heritage White, in case you want to know.  Two coats primer, three coats paint, three coats sealer, and voila'!  My latest masterpiece!




Yeah, I'm happy with it.  More importantly, Muchkin LOVES IT!  A great solid-wood piece of furniture that will stay with her for many years to come, rescued and welcomed into our new home!


No comments:

Post a Comment