Thursday, August 12, 2010

Lulu's New Old Bed

I've been at it again!  I have finished another furniture rehabilitation!

I found this twin size bed at an estate sale in Oakwood, a nearby town.


This was perfect for Lulu's small bedroom.  I liked the detail and the fact that it is all STURDY solid wood.



It is quite old, with a paper label and some numbers stamped on the inside of the wood railing.



A little stripping... (All antique restoration purists -- avert your eyes or they will burn out of your head!)





Ok, at this point I wasn't so pleased will all the "detail" -- a pain to strip and sand.



But in the end this...



became this:





Now Lulu is happy as can be with her new big girl bed!  Total cost:  Bed $65, Stripper leftover from another project, sanding block, dust cloth, and paint brush $10, and polycrylic sealer also left over.

Voila!


No comments:

Post a Comment