Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Summer Fun ~ Part One: The Titanic

This summer we have done quite a few fun things.  One was a visit to the newly opened Titanic Museum.




I think it is a one-half scale model of the actual ship, or just the front part of the ship.  I don't think the original looked sawed in half.





This thing is so very impressive!  Note the iceberg on the left.  Inside the ship you can feel the iceberg -- it is actually made of ice and it is freezing cold.



They didn't allow photography inside the museum so we had to settle for outside shots.  I wish I could have taken photos inside as there is a complete re-creation of the grand staircase that you can walk down!



Now that's an anchor!



If you ever get the chance, I highly recommend a visit! 

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog! Those girls are so beautiful and grown up!!! I can't wait to see your patio. I'm very impressed!!!

    ReplyDelete