Saturday, July 10, 2010

Why I'm Almost Too Tired to Blog

Shall I illustrate to you what we have been doing the last few days? 


Loosen, dig, shovel, haul, empty, repeat.  Loosen, dig, shovel, haul, empty, repeat.



I SHOULD have arms like a pro wrestler by now.   But no.  I do not.



My shadow is testimony to my arm and it's flabby bits.



Anyway, back to the patio.  Yes, that is what we are doing.  We are building a patio.  We've never done this before but I feel confident that we can do this and do it well.



The girls are not as confident as I.  As a matter of a fact, they laugh hysterically at the very notion that I know what I am doing. 



Well, they laugh until I tell them to go grab a shovel and come join the fun!  Then they scatter.



In case you are wondering where I am putting all this dirt that we are digging out.  I built a new flower bed around two new trees.



So with a little of this (which also sends the girls scurrying away screaming, "EWWWWW!!!" and holding their noses, 



And my stash from Spring Hill's clearance sale,



I hope that the new flower bed will look like this next year.  I built this bed last fall.



This one sits near the garage.  I just found the old watering can at an estate sale.



I really love my garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment